Sunday, May 16, 2010

Grocery Shopping 101

Tyler and I just got back from our first grocery shopping experience. Buying food for 3 people for an entire month was a little overwhelming, so we bought enough food for the week for Tyler, Emily, and me. This way we can learn what works and what doesn't, and go back next Sunday. We found a Price Right in Bridgeport and I was surprised at how much food we were able to get for $18.00. The next 7 days will involve oatmeal for breakfast, eggs for lunch, and pasta or beans and rice for dinner. Tyler and I also decided that $3 for a large can of iced tea mix was worth it.

At the moment I am excited for this adventure. I am also sitting on the porch eating ice cream, so I am not sure that feeling will last very long.
Holly

1 comment:

  1. Holly, you can get really creative with soups and stretch them a long way. Also, you could bake your own bread with flour and water and a little salt. Yeast is optional.

    ReplyDelete